Interesting Facts about India
- The name “India” comes from the Indus River, which is where earliest settlers made their homes. The Indus valley is one of the world’s earliest urban civilizations.
- The Taj Mahal is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the World. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife.
- India shares land borders with Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma and Bangladesh. Sri Lanka and the Maldives are neighboring ocean countries.
- Chai, or tea is drunk widely in India. They produce more tea than any other country, exporting to countries all over the world.
- Red is the color of good luck and is usually worn for weddings and other celebrations and festivals.