Interesting Facts about Bali
- Bali is a small island in the Indonesian archipelago - with Java to the West and Lombok to the East, it is only 8 degrees south of the equator.
- Bali is home to the vast majority of Indonesia's small Hindu minority. Balinese Hinduism is practiced by over 90% of Bali's population with the remainder following Islam.
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Bali's capital city is Denpasar
- There are three spoken languages on Bali : Balinese and its dialects, Indonesian and a kind of old Javanese called Kawi. English is widely spoken in the tourism areas as well as for business.